Saturday 31 January 2015

A little about me

Hi my name is Ashton. 

Some of you may know me as "miss_diabetic_dumbbells" on Instagram.

I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on 2nd November 2012. The day my life changed forever. Back then I thought it had changed for the worse, the only thoughts running through my head were "you're stuck with this for the rest of your life". 

 Fast forward 2 years down the track, and so many things have changed. I actually think learning that I was a Type One Diabetic has actually saved my life.

Before I was diagnosed, I was living a pretty unhealthy life. Fast food, booze, partying, no exercise and sleeping in every chance I got. But now, I am very conscious of what I eat and have developed a Paleo based diet. Approximately 80% paleo 20% non-paleo. 

I rarely drink alcohol, and partying? what is partying haha. 

During the week I am up at 4am every morning without fail and on weekends my body clock wakes me between 5-7am. And I  workout 5-6 times a week for at least 45-60 minutes each time.

If I could tell my 23 year old self that in 2 years I would be getting up at 4am every morning to workout I would have laughed in her face! Yeah right. 

Other things that interest me besides Paleo, fitness and learning more about Diabetes include: 

*Tattoos
*Metal Music/Going to Gigs
*Piercings/Body Mods
*Art
*Cats (any animals really, I'm a big animal person!)
*Cooking/Baking
*Photography

But anyway, enough about me. My plan for this blog is to share things that have helped me as a diabetic, to share amazing recipes and also to share fitness related articles and workouts that I love. 
And possibly expect anything relating to the other topics mentioned above haha

This is me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment